Friday, August 29, 2008

Mini-Time Capsule

I just found a school bag from last year that I haven't opened in probably nine months. Let's see what's inside:

*A lot of Shakespeare plays (The Tempest, King John, Henry IV Pt. 1 and 2, and Richard II). Apparently I was really into the Histories at the time.

*A Sports Illustrated and ESPN magazine with the exact same cover (remember that, Mal?)
- It was of the Boston Celtics, who wound up winning the NBA Championship.

*Nirvana: With the Lights Out box set. I've been wondering where that was.

* "Candide" by Voltaire. I'm such a loser.

* "Awake in the Dark," by Roger Ebert. A must read if you possess a love of film.

*A Dictionary (Webster's of course)

*Plato's "Republic" (a must read if you are interested in humans on any level)

*A biography of Honus Wagner, a turn of the Century (last Century) baseball player. (I repeat, loser).

*Wow! The DVD of "Talk Radio," a play I was in! I thought I'd lost it!

Overall, not that interesting. I thought I might potentially find something cool. I was wrong. This was a bust.

No comments: