Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh, poor me.

It's far too easy to focus on the negatives. They overpower the positives without effort. I think it's because people are inherently selfish. No matter how much good they have in their life, they always want just that little bit more, just so everything can be "perfect."

I want a bit more money so I can afford to buy comics, or I want this girl to like me as much as I like her, or I wish I could be in Rome instead of Seattle.

Those are just some of the examples that run through my mind at night. I never think about how lucky I am that I already own 1,000 + comics, or that I've been in relationships with girls who were head-over-heels for me (too much, even), or that Seattle is a pretty damn cool city that many people would give the world to live by.

I guess it's just human nature.

No comments: